Electronics and Communications (ECE)
The department aims to impart quality technical education to the students aspiring for a career in the field of electronics and communications engineering.
Key Features -
• Highest package: in Electronics Department 47LPA, Average Package: 8 LPA, Percentage of students placed: 90%, Top recruiting firms: Amazon, Infosys, DXC, TCS, HCL, WiproZS Associates.
• Most of the students are placed in reputed companies.
• Most of the faculty members are Ph.D holders from reputed universities like IIT, GGSIPU, JMI etc.
• High ended research oriented labs with latest state of art equipments.
• Department use to organize free trainings on latest innovative technologies to bridge the gap between Industry & Academia.
• Students are motivated to do research work, publish research paper in international conference & journals.
• Many of our students are pursuing higher studies from reputed international universities from Canada/ US/ Australia).
• Students are running their own startups under skill India.
The Department of Electronics and Communication comprises 15 well-equipped Labs with state of art equipments of Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Microprocessors, Microwave, Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Digital System Design, Advance VLSI design, Satellite and Mobile communication, and Embedded Systems.
The only department under GGSIPU providing free summer in-house trainings of six weeks (summer) and 2 weeks (winter) duration for the students of 2nd and 3rd year.
The department follows the concept of "Learning by doing" and the students are taught PCB designing in the very first year of engineering, which is not done in any other institute of IPU.
Every year, numerous professional activities are organised in the department. Industrial visits and lectures of experts from the industry form an integral part of the curriculum. Students are encouraged to become members of important professional bodies like IEEE, IETE and ISTE.
The aim is to impart high quality education in the field of electronics and communication engineering to prepare the graduates who will be able to serve/lead various organizations with acquired skills and knowledge.